Serangoon food centre and market
- Chomp Chomp
- Has cafes, bookstores and relaxing spots
- Newly opened
- Has stores selling delicious food
- opened in 1972
- nicknamed “Chomp Chomp” probably because that was the sound of eating which many happy and satisfied customers made, while 'chomping' down their food
-well known for its fried chai tow kuay, hokkien mee, satay, barbecued-seafood and satay beehoon.
- Serangoon Market and Food Centre
- - The Serangoon Gardens Food Centre sells really 'shiok' and yummy food like roti-john, nasi lemak, nonya kuehs, char kway teow, dumplings, Teochew duck rice
- - Houses many stalls from the now defunct Taman Serasi Food Centre.